Research Lab Assistant
Vyriad is an early stage biotechnology company focused on curing cancer using potent, safe and cost-effective cancer therapies utilizing engineered replication competent viruses designed to selectively and rapidly destroy cancer. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. The challenges are complex, the work pace is fast, and progress is seldom a straight line. All of this makes for an exhilarating environment of collaboration, discovery and fun.
The lab assistant will act as a liaison between clinical research sites, central lab, and external vendors to assist in managing the technical and logistical issues associated with organization, handling, management, and processing of clinical and research samples under supervision in a fast-moving team-based environment. The incumbent will be involved in supporting multiple, often complex clinical and preclinical studies utilizing virus, cell, and gene therapies. The incumbent will tabulate and keep data updated, and inventory of samples in a highly organized manner. The ideal candidate is familiar with basic lab techniques, excellent Microsoft office skills, has biology background, team-player who is detail-oriented; able to successfully multi-task; highly organized and an expert communicator.
- Assist in coordinating operational activities required to manage the lifecycle of clinical trial samples including collection, shipping, processing, analysis, data reporting and final sample disposition or storage.
- Communicate effectively with central labs and external vendors engaged in sample analysis to ensure consistent execution of biomarker processing, analysis, and data delivery.
- Provides the day-to-day operational management of biomarker vendors to ensure delivery against contracted scope of work.
- Manage with supervision results provided by third-party vendors (e.g., edit checks, quality acceptance; reconciles external data against the clinical data; resolves data discrepancies between the external data and the clinical data).
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with study teams, particularly with clinical research associates, CRO & central lab, external labs, and collaborators.
- Study site kit and supply management
- Track, resolve and appropriately escalate issues to supervisor related to sample and/or data quality (verifies completeness, consistency, and integrity of biomarker data following review of results).
- Tabulate, summarize, and present clinical and research data in spreadsheet and graph forms
- Works with supervisor to ensure operational feasibility and delivery.
- Works with supervisor to identify areas of best practice and process improvements.
- Ensures study and biomarker operational adherence to ICH/GCP and SOPs.
- Practices and promotes safe work habits and adheres to safety procedures and guidelines
- Keeps up to date with current technologies and trends in drug product processing
- Perform laboratory tasks including clinical trial sample intake and handling, maintenance of sample inventory, packaging/shipment of clinical trial samples, general housekeeping, equipment monitoring and maintenance.
- Some evening/weekend hours may be required on as-needed basis to ensure sample quality.
- Associate degree in a science-related field plus two years of experience working in a laboratory setting, focusing on organization, tracking, and communication of data. OR
- A bachelor’s degree in a science-related field.
Experience and skill requirement:
- Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously with strong organizational skills, in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Experience in clinical drug development/clinical trial execution highly desirable
- Pharmaceutical industry experience or experience working as a clinical trial coordinator within a clinical trial setting is a plus.
- Clinical or biological laboratory experience with evidence of involvement in the processing and/or analysis of biological samples.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel and data plotting
- Critical reasoning skills including the identification and resolution of complex problems.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work under supervision
- Planning, organizational and time management skills
- Highly flexible in a fast pace global matrix environment
- Professional interpersonal skills, excellent oral/written communication and influencing skills
- Ability to successfully achieve results within a multi-cultural and diverse team, creates team culture and promotes team spirit.
- Good knowledge of ICH GCP
Monday-Friday 8:00 – 5:00
Rochester, MN (Required)
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA with an employer match
How to apply
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be requested and background checks will be required prior to start of employment. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vyriad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.