Technical Project Manager
Vyriad is an early-stage biotechnology company focused on curing cancer using potent, safe, and cost-effective cancer therapies utilizing engineered replication competent viruses designed to selectively and rapidly destroy cancer. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. The challenges are complex, the work pace is fast, and progress is seldom a straight line. All of this makes for an exhilarating environment of collaboration, discovery, and fun.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for managing and monitoring project timelines and deliverables amongst stakeholders. The Technical Project Manager acts as the liaison between project-specific stakeholder groups to ensure effective partnership efforts. Additionally, the Technical Project Manager leads and/or contributes to oral and written presentations and project reports.
- The candidate should be willing to relocate to Rochester Minnesota.
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular, cell biology or related life sciences.
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible leadership in project and/or program management.
- Demonstrates proven strong data analysis skills, including collecting and analyzing information to draw accurate conclusions.
- Expertise in data visualization software – e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Sas etc. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with project planning required
- Leadership, communication, management, and organizational skills; conflict resolution and team building skills
- An ability to contribute creative, practical solutions to problems is needed
- Coordinates project status and deliverables between all stakeholders (scientists, project leads, management, and sponsors/clients).
- In synergy with the project teams and leadership, manages and monitors project resources and scope to maintain deliverables, milestones, and budget.
- Serves as the liaison with project-specific stakeholder groups to ensure effective partnership efforts.
- Prepares and submits reports and/or deliverables as needed.
- Leads and/or contributes to oral and written presentations, proposals, and project reports.
- Proactively identifies and addresses and/or escalates project related issues and opportunities for efficiency.
- Takes on other duties to generally advance the project/program goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have strong leadership, customer relationship, and motivational skills, including the ability to inspire and lead throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced, cross-functional, demanding work environment without compromising quality.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types
- Bonus pay
We are following MN and CDC guidance – wearing face masks and adhering to good cleaning practices.
Ability to commute/relocate
- Rochester, MN 55901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Project management: 2 years (Required)
- PMP (Preferred)