Research Technician (QC Analytical/Virology)
Vyriad is a clinical-stage company developing proprietary oncolytic virus therapies for the treatment of cancers with significant unmet needs. We are a dynamic, dedicated, enthusiast, compassionate team working to improve the quality of life of patients worldwide, united through our commitment to developing potentially life-changing oncolytic viral products that Vyriad manufactures in our GMP facility. Located in our brand-new laboratory and manufacturing facility in Rochester MN, we are looking for individuals with our same mission: make our oncolytic virotherapy a success.
We are looking for a research technician skilled in molecular biology, cell culture, and virological methods to perform assays related to Quality Control and release of drug products in our GMP Quality Control Lab. The incumbent will work under the supervision of our highly experienced QC manager and will be part of the Vyriad quality team to ensure highest quality and integrity of our drug products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to assure quality of the drug product through all aspects of day-to-day operations by performing quality testing on finished product, in-process, stability, ad-hoc QC samples and incoming raw material.
- Performs QC analytical assays including quantitative PCR, TCID50, molecular biology, cell culture, and other virological methods. Experience in sequencing and flow cytometry desirable.
- Support testing for clinical trials, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance to common Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Compile and analyze data for documentation and preparing related reports.
- Revise and update SOPs as necessary.
- Work closely with manufacturing, quality and process development teams.
- Gain knowledge of company policies, processes and research protocols.
- Follow all company regulations, and health & safety codes.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Virology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience performing cell-based assays, ELISA and/or PCR assays.
- Experience in virological assays, e.g., TCID50 highly desirable.
- Experience in quality control laboratory setting in GCP or GLP labs highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new laboratory techniques quickly.
- Track record of successfully working independently to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to record and analyze data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to details, focus on quality work, and time management skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Useful hands-on knowledge to include qPCR, DNA cloning, Western blot, ELISA, sequencing, microscopy, and DNA/RNA extraction.
Preference will be given to candidates who exhibit one of more of the following qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications described above:
- Experience with GMP regulations
- Experience with assay development
- Experience with cell-based assays
- Experience working with viruses or viral vectors.
- Full time
Compensation and benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA with an employer match
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to apply
- To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- References will be requested, and background checks will be required prior to start of employment. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vyriad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.