Vyriad is an early-stage biotechnology company focused on curing cancer using potent, safe and cost-effective cancer therapies utilizing engineered replication competent viruses designed to selectively and rapidly destroy cancer. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. The challenges are complex, the work pace is fast, and progress is seldom a straight line. All of this makes for an exhilarating environment of collaboration, discovery and fun.
Applies expertise to perform a variety of non-clinical support tasks involving covering the front reception area, to include the following: answering the doorbell, greeting customers, answering incoming calls, placing office supply and refreshment orders, assisting with incoming and outgoing shipments, calendar scheduling, follow-up tasks for meetings, package and mail sorting and delivery.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitor badges
- Operates telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for console operation
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assists with meeting scheduling and coordinating various calendars
- Answers phones and direct calls
- Helps coordinate company events
- Assists with filing as needed
- Assists Administrative Manager and other teams members with other tasks as needed
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Required
- High school diploma or G. E. D.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in office setting or support role or
- One-year degree/diploma in a business-related program with a minimum of one-year experience in front office or support role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, frequently and quickly shift tasks and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Professional telephone skills
- Handles pressure and deadlines
- Proficient application of English grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure
- Prefer work-related experience within the last 10 years
- Full-time, hourly position (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Responsible to and receives primary direction from Administrative Manager
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off 15 days
By joining Vyriad, you will work alongside some of the world’s experts in virotherapy at the forefront of creating engineered replication competent viruses designed to destroy cancer selectively and rapidly. We have
created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.