Medical Director – Clinical Development
Vyriad is an early clinical-stage company (Rochester, Minnesota) developing proprietary oncolytic virus therapies for the treatment of cancers with significant unmet needs. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. We are united in our mission, and the goal to improve the quality of life of patients worldwide.
Position Overview and Requirements
The Medical Director, Clinical Development will work with members of the Vyriad leadership team to plan and prioritize our clinical development programs, to provide subject matter expertise in oncology/hematology and support clinical trial execution by managing clinical development resources and timelines both personally and through the clinical development team. The candidate will be accountable for the design, implementation and clinical governance of clinical trials, for data analysis, interpretation, regulatory reporting, coordination with pharmacovigilance and publication. They will also be expected to establish good relationships with key study personnel, investigators and key opinion leaders. The candidate will also have responsibility for coordinating the growth and leadership of the clinical study teams, working with external vendors, including CROs, consultants, labs, manufacturing and academic partners.
- Responsible for building both a high performing team and implementing effective systems to drive and sustain business growth.
- Exceptional organization and communication (written, verbal, listening, presentation) skills are required. Should be detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and people management skills through all levels of the organization.
- Organizational project management skills are essential, along with analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Very detail-oriented and have the ability to work independently and productively with minimal direction, and routinely exercise initiative and sound judgment.
- Working knowledge of and preferably certification in Good Clinical Practice.
- Interested in and comfortable with review and analysis of patient data, preferably with some understanding of the statistical aspects of clinical trial design and interpretation.
- Willing to write key clinical documents such as protocols and strategy documents.
- Objectivity and professionalism are essential. The ability to exercise good judgment in ambiguous situations while under pressure and tight deadlines, and strong coping skills are required.
- Must be flexible in adapting to a variety of responsibilities, work assignments, and priorities.
- Must be self-motivated and able to independently schedule workday activities with minimal direction.
- MD degree with at least 3 years’ postdoctoral experience in hematology or oncology clinical practice.
- US state license to practice medicine or equivalent.
- Clinical/trials experience with immuno-oncology or immunology, vaccines or viruses. Non-clinical experience a plus.
- Should have demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment while under pressure and when meeting tight deadlines.
- Must have shown adaptability as a quick learner and flexibility in accepting a variety of responsibilities within the clinical or research environment.
- Should have experience leading or working in a key role in cross-functional teams.
- Must have demonstrated capacity to comprehend complex protocols, programs and situations.
- Should have prior involvement in clinical trials on clinical or industry side.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the regulatory environment is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA with an employer match
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be requested and background checks will be required prior to start of employment. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vyriad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.