Lab and Office Custodian
Vyriad is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on curing cancer using potent, safe and cost effective cancer therapies utilizing engineered replication competent viruses designed to selectively and rapidly destroy cancer. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. The challenges are complex, the work pace is fast, and progress is seldom a straight line. All of this makes for an exhilarating environment of collaboration, discovery and fun.
Responsible to and receives primary direction from the Sr. Operations Manager and/or Facilities Manager.
Experience and/or Qualifications
- Ability to read, write and understand English and have legible handwriting.
- 6+ months of janitorial and/or day porter support experience in a commercial setting.
- Ability to multitask and shift focus without compromising quality of work.
- Must be reliable, have strong attention to detail, be flexible in scheduling on occasion and are able to work independently.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and meet all training requirements. In accordance with the occupational safety requirements. May be required to have medical testing and/or vaccinations.
Office space and common areas
- Daily cleaning and sanitization of common office spaces on a regimented schedule.
- Vacuuming and dusting of office and cubicle spaces.
- Cleaning and sanitizing the breakroom and mopping the floors.
- Removing waste and emptying trash
- Washing, drying and putting away glassware used by lab staff.
- Operating standard dishwashing and laundry machines.
- Sweeping and mopping of the laboratory’s floors.
- Perform routine cleaning/sanitizing/disinfecting throughout the laboratory.
- Emptying trash and recycling.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness conforming to existing and future standards related to infectious waste and general appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required by their immediate supervisor.
- Practices and promotes safe work habits and adheres to safety procedures and guidelines
- Some evening/weekend hours may be required on as-needed basis.
Part-time, approximately 20-25 hours per week
Weekends occasionally required depending on production schedule or process needs.
How to apply
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. References will be requested and background checks will be required prior to start of employment. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vyriad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.