Human Resource Manager (Generalist)
Vyriad is an early-stage biotechnology company focused on curing cancer using potent, safe and cost-effective cancer therapies utilizing engineered replication competent viruses designed to selectively and rapidly destroy cancer. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. The challenges are complex, the work pace is fast, and progress is seldom a straight line. All of this makes for an exhilarating environment of collaboration, discovery and fun.
By joining Vyriad, you will work alongside some of the world’s experts in virotherapy at the forefront of creating engineered replication competent viruses designed to destroy cancer selectively and rapidly. We have created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
The Human Resource Manager is a generalist that will manage the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department assisting with the hiring and interviewing of staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews, tracks and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Manages human resource-related communications (newsletters, company notifications, new hire announcements, internal/external job postings).
- Recruits, interviews and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Supports new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs, including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Responds to employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors and refers complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least 4 years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SPHR/PHR or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP certification required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Additional Information & Requirements
- Location: Rochester, MN
- Job classification: Salaried, exempt
- Physical requirements specific to position:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.