Human Resource Manager (Generalist)
Vyriad is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on curing cancer using potent, safe and cost-effective cancer therapies utilizing engineered replication competent viruses designed to selectively and rapidly destroy cancer. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. The challenges are complex, the work pace is fast, and progress is seldom a straight line. All of this makes for an exhilarating environment of collaboration, discovery and fun.
The Human Resource Manager (Generalist) position manages the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department, assisting with the talent acquisition and onboarding of staff; developing performance management systems; administering human resource programs; analyzing compensation and benefits; ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and best practices; and contributing to the overall success of the company.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Supports relocation efforts, new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Develops performance management system, including annual reviews, to help ensure that employees understand how they are doing in their current position and on their career path.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Assists with learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes (including federal, state and local employment laws and regulations), and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
- At least 4 years of human resource management experience required.
- SPHR/PHR or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Physical Requirements Specific to Job
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Exempt, salaried