Facility Custodial Supervisor
Reports to Director of Manufacturing Operations
The Facility Custodial Supervisor must have a strong work ethic, be highly dependable and able to stick to assigned work responsibilities. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the required cleaning and sanitization tasks for the cleanrooms and support areas have been satisfactorily performed in addition to performing training, hiring and monitoring of custodial staff associates. The cleaning supports GMP compliance for manufacturing of products by maintaining cleanliness standards for both viable and non-viable particulates and surfaces.
- Supervisory Duties
- Perform training in all duties and responsibilities for Facility Custodial Associates as described in their job description.
- Responsible for the quality of work and performance reviews of Associates.
- Involved with screening and interview process for new Associates.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing needs to support facility cleaning and supply chain activities as required by company activities.
- Schedule and perform routine cleaning, disinfecting and sanitization of designated areas (office, laboratory, support and cleanrooms).
- Perform cycle counting and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies, in order to keep pre-determined minimum inventory levels and meet cleaning schedules PR2020.
- Oversee the operation and light maintenance of all cleaning equipment (buckets, mop handles and heads).
- Responsible for the proper preparation of cleaning/disinfecting/ sanitization solutions and cleaning materials to manufacturer specifications.
- Follow proper methods and use prescribed materials for cleaning and sanitizing the cleanrooms and GMP support space.
- Schedule and assist in daily, weekly and monthly cleaning assignments, as prescribed in cleanroom cleaning SOPs, ensuring the proper cleaning/disinfecting/sanitization agent rotation is followed and that the proper agents are used for each cleaning assignment.
- Complete and review required documentation to ensure that cleaning records are maintained documenting that cleaning is properly performed and on schedule.
- Establish schedule for all forms of waste/recyclables removal and disposal in the clean rooms, laboratories and offices.
- Supply Chain Support
- Support and assist in receiving, unpacking and distributing supplies, raw materials and other goods as dictated by immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate gowning supplies in men/women locker rooms and gowning ante rooms.
- Order cleaning supplies to maintain stock.
- Support distribution of QC RELEASED Materials to Manufacturing (Cell Culture, Purification, Quality Control, Facilities) as requested.
- Safety, Reporting and Miscellaneous Activities
- Responsible for adherence to all assigned operating procedures, protocols, policies, regulatory requirements, GMP, and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting safety issues to an immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for fully understanding and demonstrating proper cleanroom behavior at all times.
- Responsible for fully understanding and demonstrating safe and proper handling and disposal of cleaning/disinfecting/sanitization solutions used within the facility.
- Works collaboratively with production, quality control, quality assurance and facility staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Participates in meetings and training, including, but not limited to cGMPs and safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required by immediate supervisor.
- Keep facility expansion space clean and neat as requested by supervisor.
- A high school degree or GED with a minimum of 5 years’ experience cleaning and 2+ years supervisory experience.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Supervisory experience a must and working in a GMP environment preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English and have legible handwriting.
- Must be detail orientated and possess the willingness to learn new concepts and demonstrate the ability to perform highly detailed cleaning work.
- Must have the ability to accurately and reproducibly perform basic math calculations, including time conversion, fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and meet all training requirements. In accordance with the occupational safety requirements, may be required to have medical testing and/or vaccinations.