Facility Custodial Associate
Reports to Facility Custodial Supervisor
Janitorial staff must have a strong work ethic, be highly dependable and able to stick to their assigned work responsibilities. Staff are responsible for performing required cleaning and sanitization tasks for the cleanrooms and support areas. The cleaning supports GMP compliance for manufacturing of products by maintaining cleanliness standards for both viable and non-viable particulates and surfaces.
- Perform routine cleaning, disinfecting and sanitization of designated areas (office, laboratory, support and cleanrooms).
- Participate in cycle counting and inventory of cleaning supplies, in order to maintain inventory levels and timely reordering of supplies so as to meet cleaning schedules.
- Responsible for the operation and light maintenance of all cleaning equipment (buckets, mop handles and heads).
- Responsible for the preparation of cleaning/disinfecting/sanitization solutions and cleaning materials to specifications.
- Follow proper methods and use prescribed materials for cleaning and sanitizing the cleanrooms and GMP support space.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly cleaning assignments, as prescribed in cleanroom cleaning SOPs, ensuring the proper cleaning/disinfecting/ sanitization agent rotation is followed and that the proper agents are used for each cleaning assignment.
- Complete required documentation to ensure that cleaning records are maintained documenting that cleaning is properly performed and on schedule.
- Assist in removal of all forms of waste/recyclables in the cleanrooms, laboratories and offices.
- Supply Chain Support
- Support and assist in receiving, unpacking and distribution of supplies, raw materials and other goods.
- Daily review and stocking of gowning supplies in men/women locker rooms and gowning ante rooms.
- Notify supervisor when supplies are running low.
- Distribute QC RELEASED Materials to Manufacturing (Cell Culture, Purification, Quality Control, Facilities) as requested.
- Safety, Reporting and Miscellaneous Activities
- Responsible for adherence to all assigned operating procedures, protocols, policies, regulatory requirements, GMP, and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting safety issues to an immediate supervisor.
- Responsible to fully understand and demonstrate proper cleanroom behavior at all times.
- Responsible to fully understand and demonstrate safe and proper handling and disposal of cleaning/disinfecting/sanitization solutions used within the facility.
- Responsible to and receives primary direction from the Custodial Supervisor. Works collaboratively with production, quality control, quality assurance and facility staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Participates in meetings and training, including, but not limited to cGMPs and safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required by immediate supervisor.
- Keep facility expansion space clean and neat as requested by supervisor.
- A high school degree or GED with a minimum of 2 years of experience cleaning.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English and have legible handwriting.
- Must be detail orientated and possess the willingness to learn new concepts and demonstrate the ability to perform highly detailed cleaning work.
- Must have the ability to accurately and reproducibly perform basic math calculations, including time conversion, fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and meet all training requirements. In accordance with the occupational safety requirements, may be required to have medical testing and/or vaccinations.