Vyriad is an early clinical-stage company (Rochester, Minnesota) developing proprietary oncolytic virus therapies for the treatment of cancers with significant unmet needs. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. We are united in our mission, and the goal to improve the quality of life of patients worldwide.
Position Overview and Requirements
- Versatile computational scientist to lead analytical initiatives to inform clinical studies through computational and novel scientific/technological strategies.
- Communicate effectively with researchers and clinicians, and develop methods to interpret diverse data types.
- Support biomarker and diagnostic studies for clinical programs by overseeing and performing exploratory data analysis of data (correlative endpoints, genomic, transcriptomic, EHR and other data).
- Development of scientific software for querying, visualizing, analyzing and interpreting data to advance the computational capabilities and efficiency of Vyriad.
- Work collaboratively with scientists and vendors to assure that exploratory statistical and bioinformatics analyses of biomarker data are performed correctly.
- Keep abreast of the scientific literature, new technologies and industry trends related to precision medicine, genomics and bioinformatics to identify novel analytical strategies to advance Vyriad initiatives in drug development.
Clinical Data Analysis
- Provide analysis of exploratory and biomarker-based endpoint measurements in clinical studies.
- Collaborate with lead project scientists to perform, coordinate, and oversee the preparation, execution, reporting, and documentation of exploratory analysis projects.
- Assist in the preparation of scientific presentations, manuscripts and reports, including the preparation of tables and graphs depicting biomarker research results.
- Guide and/or create user tools for easy access of internal results by scientists.
- Interface with clinical teams, scientists, statisticians, project teams and external key opinion leaders.
- Explore novel informatics strategies to inform drug development.
- Ability to lead multiple projects.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, physics, computer science or a quantitative field.
- Demonstrated achievement in computational biology.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C, C++, R, python, bash.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art bioinformatics tools and approaches to support drug discovery programs.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA with an employer match
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to Apply
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be requested and background checks will be required prior to start of employment. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vyriad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.