Janitorial staff must have a strong work ethic, be highly dependable, and be able to stick to their assigned work responsibilities. Staff is responsible for performing required cleaning and sanitization tasks following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as described by FDA guidelines, to support the cleanrooms and their support areas. The cleaning supports GMP compliance for the manufacturing of products by maintaining cleanliness standards for both viable and non-viable particulates and surfaces.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitization of designated areas.
- Participate in cycle counting and inventory of cleaning supplies, in order to maintain inventory levels and timely reordering of supplies so as to meet cleaning schedules.
- Responsible for the operation and light maintenance of all cleaning equipment (buckets, mop handles, and heads).
- Responsible for the preparation of cleaning/disinfecting/sanitization solutions and cleaning materials to specifications.
- Follow proper methods and use prescribed materials for cleaning and sanitizing the cleanrooms and GMP support space.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning assignments, as prescribed in cleanroom cleaning SOPs, ensuring the proper cleaning/disinfecting/sanitization agent rotation is followed and that the proper agents are used for each cleaning assignment.
- Complete required documentation to ensure that cleaning records are maintained documenting that cleaning is properly performed and on schedule.
Safety, Reporting, and Miscellaneous activities
- Responsible for adherence to all assigned operating procedures, protocols, policies, regulatory requirements, GMP, and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting safety issues to an immediate supervisor.
- Responsible to understand and demonstrate proper cleanroom behavior.
- Responsible for fully understanding and demonstrating safe and proper handling and disposal of cleaning/disinfecting/sanitization solutions used within the facility.
- Works collaboratively with production, quality control, quality assurance, and facility staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Participates in meetings and training, including, but not limited to: cGMP’s and safety as required by the immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required by their immediate supervisor.
- Keep facility expansion space clean and neat as requested by the supervisor.
- Practices and promotes safe work habits and adheres to safety procedures and guidelines
- Some evening/weekend hours may be required on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED
Required skills and/or qualifications
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English and have legible handwriting.
- Must be detail orientated and possess the willingness to learn new concepts and demonstrate the ability to perform highly detailed cleaning work
- Must have the ability to perform basic math calculations accurately and reproducibly, including time conversion, fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and meet all training requirements. In accordance with the occupational safety requirements, may be required to have medical testing and/or vaccinations.
- Must be able to lift/carry more than 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to push/pull more than 50-100 pounds at times.
- Repetitive Motion at times.
- Operate power equipment/vibrating tools occasionally.
- Cold temperatures (below 15∞C) occasionally.
- Excessive noise frequently.
- Exposure to biological materials occasionally.