Business Development Associate/Analyst
Reports to Chief of Staff
The Business Development Associate supports the development, implementation, and ongoing management of partnerships with investors, companies, and clients.
Business Development and Analysis:
- Assist in developing strategies for establishing partnerships and business relationships to support Vyriad’s products and clinical programs
- Seek out and research prospective business opportunities through market research including internet outreach, phone calls, traveling and attending conferences
- Develop and maintain a database of ongoing business development activities
- Collaborate with internal departments and external partners and allies in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, and business models
- Manage relationships with various prospects, partners, strategic and institutional investors
- Generate and maintain marketing materials (pitch deck, product summaries, one-pagers) to support organizational fund-raising efforts
- Provides support to upper management in deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development or alliance development projects
- Provide input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs
Product Landscape Analysis:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of companies in overlapping or competitive business areas
- Maintain a well-organized database on the current financial and development status of:
- Tracked companies/products
- Industry partnerships and collaborations
- Clinical activity, readouts, and new clinical combinations
- Emerging technologies and trends
- Model product demand based on landscape research, market and consumer trends
- Collate data into presentations for upper management, potential investors, and board meetings
- Identify and speak to differentiators separating Vyriad and its technologies/clinical activity from other OV companies
Position Specific Competencies – Performance Expectations
- Analytical. Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communications. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Business Acumen. Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking. Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability. Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Advanced degree (Ph.D. and/or graduate degree) in an engineering field or science related field preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in a science related field with 3+ years of related business development work experience.