Biotechnology Project Manager
Vyriad is an early-stage biotechnology company focused on curing cancer using potent, safe and cost-effective cancer therapies utilizing engineered replication competent viruses designed to selectively and rapidly destroy cancer. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. The challenges are complex, the work pace is fast, and progress is seldom a straight line. All of this makes for an exhilarating environment of collaboration, discovery and fun.
The Biotechnology Project Manager is responsible for managing and monitoring project timelines and deliverables amongst stakeholders across the pre-clinical to clinical spectrum. This position will initially be focused on Clinical Development and GMP Manufacturing. The Biotechnology Project Manager acts as the liaison between project-specific stakeholder groups to ensure effective partnership efforts. Additionally, the Biotechnology Project Manager leads and/or contributes to oral and written presentations and project reports.
Responsible to and receives primary direction from the Chief Operating Officer. Works collaboratively with the Chief Technical Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Clinical Trials, Manufacturing and Quality to make sure that priorities, risks, resources, and schedules are established, managed, and reported across assigned projects.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
Education and Experience
Must have an education and/or background in the sciences (molecular, cell biology, life sciences). Minimum of 2-3 years of progressively responsible leadership in project and/or program management. Prior experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology organizations strongly preferred, ideally in oncology. Demonstrates proven strong data analysis skills, including collecting and analyzing information to draw accurate conclusions. Has expertise in data visualization software – e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Sas etc. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
Must have strong leadership, customer relationship, and motivational skills, including the ability to inspire and lead throughout all levels of the organization. Has the ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives. Is able to operate in a fast-paced, cross-functional, demanding work environment without compromising quality.
Fosters teamwork, personal responsibility, integrity, innovation, trust and communication
- Exhibits an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of team members and recognizes individuals for their contributions.
- Contributes to the enhancement of the groups effectiveness by exchanging information, collaborating with other team member and providing constructive feedback.
- Accepts feedback and uses it to improve individual and team performance.
- Adjusts to change in a positive and supportive manner.
- Completes assignments on time and contributes extra effort to meet organizational needs.
Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct
- Conducts discussion of confidential information in an appropriate setting to avoid unintentional disclosure.
- Conducts work related activities in accordance with the Vyriad Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
- Complies with policies, procedures, guidelines and applicable laws and regulations when conducting daily activities.
- Practices and promotes safe work habits and adheres to safety procedures and guidelines.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions and participates in activities that improve systems, processes and services.
Treats others with dignity, mutual respect and contributes to a work place that is free from harassment.
Supports an inclusive work environment by actively discouraging negative cultural, racial, religious, age, disability, socioeconomic, educational, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or gender stereotypes.
- Coordinates project status and deliverables between all stakeholders (scientists, project leads, management and sponsors/clients).
- In synergy with the project teams and leadership, manages and monitors project resources and scope to maintain deliverables, milestones and budget.
- Serves as the liaison with project-specific stakeholder groups to ensure effective partnership efforts.
- Prepares and submits reports and/or deliverables as needed.
- Leads and/or contributes to oral and written presentations, proposals and project reports.
- Proactively identifies and addresses and/or escalates project related issues and opportunities for efficiency.
- Takes on other duties to generally advance the project/program goals and objectives.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.comSee other open positions