Vyriad is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on curing cancer using potent, safe and cost effective cancer therapies utilizing engineered replication competent viruses designed to selectively and rapidly destroy cancer. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. The challenges are complex, the work pace is fast, and progress is seldom a straight line. All of this makes for an exhilarating environment of collaboration, discovery and fun.
Vyriad is seeking a new Bioproduction Technologist to join our manufacturing team to perform GMP production of our oncolytic viruses for clinical testing and conduct process development projects. The technologist will support manufacturing operations in compliance with cGMP standards. This involves aseptic processing in a cleanroom facility, large-scale cell culture in bioreactors, virus generation, purification, concentration, and aseptic fill/finish operations in strict adherence to established SOPs. The staff are responsible for the daily operations and environmental monitoring of the cGMP facility. In addition, the technologist will also participate in process development of preclinical assets in collaboration with our process scientists.
As a Bioproduction Technologist, your typical day might include, but not limited to, the following:
- Performs all aspects of cGMP manufacturing of clinical grade viruses and viral vectors using aseptic techniques and maintains strict adherence to established SOPs.
- Prepares solutions, buffers, and cell culture media as needed to support R&D, Process Development, and Manufacturing Operations.
- Conducts research and process development projects for preclinical assets in the pipeline.
- Performs inventory checks and ensures adequate supplies for departmental needs
- Maintains and edits departmental cGMP documentation.
- Performs set up, dismantling, and maintenance of equipment and ensures equipment is ready for production operations.
- Participates in equipment installation and process validation.
- Collaborates closely with the process development, Quality Control and Quality Assurance teams to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Keeps up to date with current technologies and trends in drug product processing.
- Practices and promotes safe work habits and adheres to safety procedures and guidelines.
This role might be for you if you:
- Are highly organized and has an aptitude for operating under strict adherence to cGMP principles
- Enjoy working on many different projects simultaneously, with excellent record-keeping and time management skills
- Can quickly understand complex technical and engineering processes required for manufacturing of advanced biologics
- Can work in close collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams
- Self-motivated to ensure timely delivery of milestones
- Flexible and capable of adapting to and facilitating changes to support project needs
Education and experience requirements
- Minimum requirement of a bachelor’s degree in a biomedical or engineering field
- 3-5 years prior working experience with upstream and/or downstream cGMP manufacture of biologics (viruses, proteins) under cGMP compliance is required.
- Experience in aseptic techniques and mammalian cell culture, tangential flow filtration, protein purification and chromatography preferred.
- Good mathematical, science, and computer skills is advantageous.
- Prior laboratory experience in research and/or analytical technique preferred.
- Ability to apply scientific principles utilized to solve operational, as well as routine production tasks.
- Excellent documentation skills including comprehension, review and establishing Batch Production Records, SOPs, deviations, and summary reports.
- Must be flexible with work schedule
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level, bend/stoop, push/pull, and handle/grip frequently.
- Must be comfortable working in varying temperatures
- Frequent lifting and carrying of 5 to 25 lbs.
- Regular reaching, bending, stooping, and twisting.
How to apply
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. References will be requested and background checks will be required prior to start of employment. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vyriad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.