Associate Bioproduction Technologist
Vyriad is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on curing cancer using potent, safe and cost effective cancer therapies utilizing engineered replication competent viruses designed to selectively and rapidly destroy cancer. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. The challenges are complex, the work pace is fast, and progress is seldom a straight line. All of this makes for an exhilarating environment of collaboration, discovery and fun.
The Associate Bioproduction Technologist will participate in and support manufacturing of Vyriad’s oncolytic viruses and other biologics for clinical trials. The Associate Bioproduction Technologist will support manufacturing operations by ensuring readiness of equipment and supplies, perform all aspects of upstream cell culture manufacturing using aseptic processing, reviews, edits, completes, and revises batch records, and SOPs in accordance with cGMP standards. The Associate Bioproduction Technologist will also assist with equipment and process validations, training of team members, and performing in process sampling for QC testing.
- Performs all aspects of cGMP manufacturing of clinical grade viruses and viral vectors following established SOPs.
- Performs preclinical grade viral vector production, scale-up and process development.
- Reviews, edits, completes and revises batch records, worksheets and SOPs in accordance with Good Document practices.
- Prepares reagents and ensures inventory for the manufacture of clinical and preclinical viral vectors.
- Performs set up, dismantling, and maintenance of equipment and ensures equipment is ready for production operations.
- Performs manufacturing level maintenance on equipment.
- Maintains manufacturing equipment and records.
- Assists with facility cleaning, changeover, and staging of materials.
- Collaborates closely with the process development, Quality Control and Quality Assurance teams.
- Degree (Bachelors) in Biology, Scientific, Engineering or Healthcare subject area.
Experience and skill requirement
- Prior laboratory experience in research and aseptic cell culture techniques desirable.
- Ability to apply scientific principles utilized to solve operational, as well as routine production tasks.
- Excellent documentation skills including comprehension, review and establishing Batch Production Records, SOPs, deviations and summary reports.
Relevant: Research or analytical. Experience with cGMP production highly desirable.
Rochester, MN (Required)
United States (Required)
How to apply
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be requested and background checks will be required prior to start of employment. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vyriad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.comSee other open positions