Vyriad is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on curing cancer using potent, safe and cost effective cancer therapies utilizing engineered replication competent viruses designed to selectively and rapidly destroy cancer. Revolutionizing cancer treatment is our long-term goal, requiring curiosity, perseverance, an openness to challenging convention and a commitment to excellence. The challenges are complex, the work pace is fast, and progress is seldom a straight line. All of this makes for an exhilarating environment of collaboration, discovery and fun.
We are looking for a highly motivated Accountant/Bookkeeper to assist in the daily operations of our business. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounts payable and receivable, creating and managing purchase orders, maintaining, and reconciling bank accounts and a variety of other tasks as needed.
This position requires an organized professional with a great eye for detail, as well as possesses the ability to be adaptable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Experience and/or Qualifications
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Must have a basic knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and bookkeeping principles.
- Proficient in using a PC in a Windows environment with the Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word & Excel, and accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks).
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of fund accounting/class tracking, is a plus
- Demonstrates exceptional skill, proficiency, attention to detail, and organization in carrying out assignments.
- Plans and prioritizes activities appropriately and efficiently, considering expenses, time, and quality of work.
- Is self-accountable for responsibilities; demonstrates an ability to work under minimal supervision, meet deadlines, and complete assigned tasks.
- Improves work methods and procedures as a means towards greater efficiency.
- Adapts to new responsibilities and tasks, learning new skills as necessary.
- Flexible team player excited to collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Manages multiple priorities and projects with competing deadlines.
- Records accurately and timely, daily financial transactions, including receipts, sales, invoices, and payments using QuickBooks Online.
- Prepares and manages purchase orders and ordering of supplies or equipment as authorized by management.
- Assists in account maintenance and assists in completing reconciliations of accounts for the monthly or annual closing.
- Maintains accounting files in a semi-paperless system.
- Assists controller and assistant controller with a variety of tasks as needed.
Vyriad Core Competencies – Performance Expectations
Fosters teamwork, personal responsibility, integrity, innovation, trust and communication.
- Exhibits an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of team members and recognizes individuals for their contributions.
- Contributes to the enhancement of the groups effectiveness by exchanging information, collaborating with other team member and providing constructive feedback.
- Accepts feedback and uses it to improve individual and team performance.
- Adjusts to change in a positive and supportive manner.
- Completes assignments on time and contributes extra effort to meet organizational needs.
Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Conducts discussion of confidential information in an appropriate setting to avoid unintentional disclosure.
- Conducts work related activities in accordance with the Vyriad Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
- Complies with policies, procedures, guidelines and applicable laws and regulations when conducting daily activities.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions and participates in activities that improve systems, processes and services.
- Treats others with dignity, mutual respect and contributes to a workplace that is free from harassment.
- Supports an inclusive work environment by actively discouraging negative cultural, racial, religious, age, disability, socioeconomic, educational, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or gender stereotypes.
Responsible to and receives primary direction from the Assistant Controller, secondarily the Controller.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long/Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid time off 15 days with 6 company holidays
- Simple IRA
How to apply
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be requested and background checks will be required prior to start of employment. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vyriad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.